NTSE - National Talent Search Exam
One of the reputed and highly persuasive scholarship exams for 10th studying students come in the form of NTSE (National Talent Search Exam). It is conducted by NCERT every year to identify and support the meritorious students from all over the country. The exam is held in two stages for final selection, i.e.
NTSE scholarship is given to top 1000 students to help them in their higher studies, subject to some terms and conditions. Students show great interest in such an exam and so more than 50 lakh students throughout India apply to test their potential. It does not matter whether you make it or not, what matters most is your 100 percent efforts in the preparation.
All students studying in Class X in any type of recognized school including Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, and Sainik School etc. will be eligible to appear at the State Level Examination from the State in which the school is located. However, no domicile restriction shall be imposed.
How to Apply
- Download application form from the official link or obtain it by contacting the state or UT Liaison Officer (LO).
- Register and fill in the application form.
- Submit the duly filled application form to the state or LO Officer after getting it signed by your school principal.
- Every state has its own fee structure for NTSE – Stage 1. Contact your state’s UT Liaison Officer.
- No fee is charged for NTSE – Stage 2 exam.
- Check your State’s advertisement or circular to get NTSE exam fee detail.
Medium of Examination
The medium of the test shall be as announced by the State/UT.
NTSE Selection Process
NTSE Selection process will be a two-stage process for the award of scholarship. Stage I selection is done by States / UTs after a written examination. Students that qualify Stage I are eligible to appear for Stage II examination by NCERT.
Scholarship for different stages are given as under:
- Higher Secondary level Rs. 1250/- p.m.
- Graduate and Post Graduate Rs. 2000/- p.m.
- For Ph.D. degree (four years) As per UGC norms
NTSE – Exam Pattern & Dates
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen-paper based)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||120 Minutes (For Each part)|
|Sections||2 (Mental Ability Test and Scholastic Ability Test)|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Questions
(Stage 1: 200 Questions)
(Stage 2: 200 Questions)
|Marks awarded||+1 for Correct answer
No negative marking
|NTSE 2018 Application Forms for Stage 1||Second week of September 2019|
|NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Admit Card||October 2019|
|Stage 2 Exam||November 2019|
|Result for Stage 1||January 2020|
|Stage 2 Exam||May 18, 2020|
|Result for Stage 2||June 2020|
KELVIN Foundations - NTSE Coaching in Delhi
KELVIN Foundations programs guide you on the path to success in NTSE without distracting your primary goal of securing good grades in Boards. KELVIN Foundations Coaching is specifically designed by professionals who have rich experience of teaching in the same field and so you will not only get Coaching for NTSE Exam but will walk the path to push your capabilities. Get well monitored NTSE coaching in Delhi with KELVIN Foundations Courses.
- Develop inherent learning capabilities
- Prepare for Competitive Exams (Olympiads/ NTSE)
- Prepare for Board Exams
- Exposure to healthy Competition
Select Your NTSE Preparation Course
Kelvin offers two year and one-year classroom program for Class 9th and 10th students looking for NTSE Coaching in Delhi along with board exam preparation. The program not only provide coaching for NTSE exam but also trains students for Olympiads, Boards along with giving them a good foundation for Medical and Engineering entrance exams.